Inflatable Rescue Boat (IRB) Crew Certificate
Provides participants with the skills and knowledge to effectively crew an Inflatable Rescue Boat in surf rescue operations..
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Crew an IRB
- List the different classes of IRB
- Identify the components of an IRB and ancillary equipment
- Contribute to the safe and efficient launching of an IRB
- Demonstrate safe crewing positions while negotiating the surf
- Perform emergency procedures
- Observation, hazards and risks are identified and clearly communicated to the driver
Maintain an IRB
- Perform pre-operational checks and preventative maintenance of the IRB hull
- Perform post-operational maintenance of the IRB hull
- Report major wear or damage according to organisation procedures
- Perform conscious and unconscious casualty pick-ups
- Perform complex rescues including swimming rescues, sailboarder and kite surfer rescues.
What qualifications and/or prerequisites do I need?
To undertake this role you need to hold or obtain the following qualifications and prerequisites:
There are no specific qualifications
To register your interest for upcoming Inflatable Rescue Boat (IRB) Crew courses, please complete and submit this form to our Training Officer: